WHAT IS A SHARE HOST SITE?
Host sites are what make SHARE possible. Almost anyone or any organization can become a Host Site. Our host sites range from community centers, churches, businesses, senior centers, tenant councils, food cupboards, and social service agencies, to neighbors wanting to help out their block. Anyone looking for a way to make affordable food available to people in their local community is welcome to start a new SHARE Host Site!
To see a list of SHARE Host Sites currently ordering, click on the Find a Host button at the bottom of the page.
HOST ORGANIZATION ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Promote the SHARE mission and philosophy in the community and provide caring service motivated by a desire to help others.
● Register participants and receive money.
● Turn in food orders on or before Order Turn-In Day and remit payments to SHARE. (See your SHARE calendar or newsletter for exact dates.)
● Provide adequate transportation and a distribution site for SHARE food packages each month.
● Provide participants with volunteer service ideas and opportunities, including volunteering at the SHARE Philadelphia Center. We strongly encourage each host site to volunteer at SHARE at least once a year.
Sites located in Philadelphia or within reasonable driving distance pick up their food at the SHARE Philadelphia Center (2901 W. Hunting Park Ave.) on one of the three days of distribution.
SATELLITE SITES (Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, & the Eastern Shore of Maryland):
Sites located outside of Philadelphia receive their food through delivery, often picking up at one of our Satellite Centers (Williamsport, Wilkes-Barre, Wellsboro, Wilmington, Millville, etc.). There is an additional charge for delivery.
HOW TO START A HOST SITE
We look forward to meeting you and serving your community!